Saturday, April 17, 2010

Laneige BB Cream review

As many of you may know, Laneige recently introduced its first BB cream. While Laneige had multi-functioning creams for a long time that actually act like BB creams, this is still very exciting news for me. So early last Saturday morning, I got in line to buy this amazing product.
(Note: this information is not updated on the English Laneige website yet, however, you can see it in the Korean website: http://www.laneige.co.kr/product/prd_view.jsp?prdtCd=115248011).
The BB cream has an SPF of PA 41 ++, and claims whitening, smoothing, makeup base, and foundation properties. I was surprised that such a major brand like Laneige would come up with such a "basic" BB cream while even its multi-functioning cream had 5 functions!
However, my disappointment was gone as soon as I tried the BB cream. It looked wonderful on my skin, providing the promised brightening effect instantly. The effect it had on my skin was similar to that of Laniege snow crystal base +foundation combined. It's quite refreshing to see a BB cream that delivers all its promises.
The BB cream comes in two colors, #1 promises to give "shimmer" and a brightening effect. #2 promises to give a no makeup look. I am ashamed to say that in my excitement, I bought both colors. I was at first frightened at the #1 shimmer effect because I dislike shimmers. However, I found that it is just a very good brightening effect which gives a very glowy finish that I love. #2 really look very natural, gives no glow or matte finish. It is really as if I had nothing on my skin.

Coverage: same as any laneige foundation, light coverage buildable to medium coverage.
Finish: #2 gives a no makeup finish while #1 gives a glowy finish.
Oil Control: Like I said, it's really as if I applied laneige makeup base and foundation. It lasts for 7 hours without oiling up without powder. However, the light coverage seemed to disappear after 10 hours. 
General comments: For once, I don't know what to say about this BB cream. It delivers all its promises, but its promises are very minimal (I mean even hanskin had 8 promises..). The price is cheaper than Laneige's base and foundation, and delivers the same effects as if I applied both the base and foundation. However, it gives no more than that. 
Spreadability: Both are very spreadable, a cross between a liquid and a gel. It's a very creamy consistency that I love.

Verdict: I will use this on days I don't feel like applying both makeup base and foundation. I will use #2 when I meet family members who would prefer I wore no makeup, and will wear #1  for its brightening effect on days I am going out to dinner, etc. 


10 comments:

  1. Awesome post! If only I could wear BB creams with SPF, I would definitely get this :( I love Laneige. How much is this BB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BB cream was around $24 dollars. Not cheap, but I'd say it's definitely worth it. i love laneige too. I use their skincare line and base makeup line. If their return policy was better, I'd use their point makeups too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds pretty good. Should look/ask the SA about them the next time I got to the Amore store. Thanks for the review :] I've heard so many great things about laneige products but only recently started to use some of their skincare products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mandy :) I am recently convert as well. I've always stayed within the Amore brand every since I was really young (12?). I used Mamonde then, but I later upgraded to Laneige, which is essentially a more expensive version of Mamonde with better ingredients. :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is t his the same as there "UV total base?" because they dont have "BB cream" on their website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jessie, no this is not the UV Total base. This is a brand new BB cream, although I imagine it would be similar to the UV total base. :)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much is a sample of this? please email me at bvrlylava at gmail dot com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, all those 5 functions or 8 or 18 or 100 functions are all part of a marketing ploy.. they can come out with a bb cream and come out with 20-in-one, but in reality, these numbers are hardly anything..

    hopeinablog.wordpress.com for more BB reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, i just wanted to know what shades this comes in.
    i have pretty fair skin, yellow undertone. and a bb cream that is too dark would probably have a grey-ing effect. i haven't ever used a bb cream before and was wondering what your recommendation was since this sounded pretty good, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this review. I find it hard to find a suitable bb cream for my sensitive and combination skin (and fair: nc15) I agree with hopeinablog, I don't really mind how many functions it has, as long as it doesn't make me break out and as long as it has a good oil control. I'll give this bb cream a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...