Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tubing Mascara Review 6: Too Faced Lash Injection


Hi, I am sorry for not updating for a long time. I had a very stressful week last week, and I got really sick, even breaking out in bunches...everything is all right now. So anyhow, unsatisfied with spending 8 minutes on apply my beloved fiberwig mascara every morning, I picked up the too faced lash injection, another tubing mascara that is rather popular, and promises to give beautiful lashes full of volume and length. Unfortunately, the too faced lash injection is another one in a long line of mascaras that I have tried that did not work for me at all. I tried it for 3 days, and could not continue using even though I try to review products for a full week before reviewing as a rule...
However, I think this mascara may still work for many other people, even better than the fiberwig. Please read on for the full review. 


1. Smudging: This is by far the most important aspect of all mascaras to me, because before tubing mascaras, all mascaras smudged on me. Before, it was not a matter of whether it smudges, but whether how much or when it smudges. Any mascara that smudged on me is a deal breaker, and this is why this did not work for me. This mascara smudges like no tubing mascara I have tried does. However, I have to admit that in terms of smudging, it is a little better than the average mascara. It was okay for the first 1.5 hours, but it was panda eyes from there. I must admit, however, that I am VERY smudge-prone. Even the popular bobbi brown eyeliner gel smudges on me, so I think this may not smudge for the majority of us. For me, however, the darkness under my eyes became very apparent after 1.5 hours of wearing, so I'll give it a 3.5 in terms of smudging. 

2. How long does it last on my lashes: This mascara did not last a long time on my lashes before smudging. Besides the smudging though, it was functioning all right for 7 hours. This is definitely not a long-wearing mascara in my book...So a in terms of how long it lasts. 

3. Flaking:  This mascara flaked a lot on me in the first few three hours, but seemed to stop flaking eventually. My guess is that there are some pieces that are not attached stably to my lashes, so they flaked off, and once they were flaked off, the mascara doesn't flake. However, a flake got into my eye 15 minutes after wearing, so it wasn't that pleasant an experience. I rationaled that if I applied more carefully, I might be able to prevent some of the flaking. Therefore, I'll give it a 6 in terms of flakes on me.

4. Color and longevity of the tube: Isn't it weird that I put those criteria together since they are not so much related? But I don't know about you, but I don't care that much about either the color or longevity of the mascaras I buy, which is why I thought I'd give each of those 5 points instead of 10. In terms of color, this gets the perfect 5, since it is jet black on me. In terms of longevity, the mascara is usable after even 8 months or even a year. Not that I'd really use any mascara for that long, but then you get the general idea. I toss mascara every three months. So a 5 in terms of longevity because I don't think anyone would really expect mascaras to last all that long. Together, this mascara gets 10 in this section. 
5. Application: Application is above average. The brush is huge but not very cumbersome. I expected to get a lot of mascara on my lids because of the size of the brush, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it did not happen. 
And if I do get anything on my lids, all I need to do is get some warm water on a q-tip and swipe it across. However, I do prefer to use green tea. I don't think it makes a huge difference from water, but somehow I feel that it makes my lids less swollen if they are. 
In terms of application, I'd say a since it's relatively fast a easy, but it can be better.
6. Length: In this aspect, this mascara is really mediocre. It increases the length of my lashes, but I don't think by a huge lot. Probably 40% if I work at it, which is not bad for an everyday look. So a 6 in terms of length, since it's not bad for a mascara, but not enough for me all the time.  
7. Volume:  Out of all the tubing mascaras I have tried, this one gave the most volume. In fact, I had to refrain from adding another coat because the mascara gives so much volume. I feel like my lashes are plumped by 100%, but it was not a "natural looking" plump if that concept indeed exists. So an 8 in terms of volume. 
8. Removal: If you compare tubing mascaras with regular mascaras, most of them would get a 10 in terms of removal, but since I'm comparing tubing mascaras, I'll make the bar a little higher. This mascara was one of the hardest to remove. It doesn't completely work like a tubing mascara. I stood in the shower for 10 minutes, trying to get the hot water to saturate my lashes enough for it to come off easily, but in the end, I had to gently pull it off. Not a good experience. After the tubes came off with a lot of difficulty, there were dark smudges under my eyes, which easily came off with my facial cleanser. I was horrified at pulling out my own lashes when I was trying to remove the mascara. So a within the context of all other tubing mascaras. 
9. Clumping:  This mascara is a little prone to clumping even though with a little care, it can be prevented. Another reason I did not dare to apply a third coat after my two coats is the clumping. I feel like somewhere on my lashline, two or three lashes clumped together. So a in terms of clumps. 
10. Sensitivity: This one is pretty good in terms of sensitivity, and I am speaking from personal experience. some flakes got into my eyes, and it felt a little scratchy, but no stinging, which is good. However, this mascara is prone to flaking, so it might not be good for people wearing contact lenses or with really sensitive eyes. I'll give it a in terms of sensitivity. 

This mascara gets a total of 58.5.  This is the lowest score any mascara has ever got from me, but frankly, this mascara doesn't seem like a tubing mascara, which if claims. It acts like a tubing mascara partly, but has most of the flaws regular mascara has...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...