Saturday, August 28, 2010

Laneige Natural Brow Liner Review, aka the perfect color for my Asian brows

I know what you are thinking: Has she gone crazy? Reviewing an eyebrow product?
I probably have, but I wanted to share this with you because I've always had trouble finding an eyebrow product which color is neutral enough to match my coloring. The products I have been using for the past two to three years has not been really natural, and was barely acceptable.

Background Info: Okay, just so that you don't think I'm crazy, I should tell you why I have a strange obsession with finding the right brow products. I never put up a picture of myself on this blog, so you might not know, but I'm half Asian even though I'm born in the U.S. I got my black hair from the Asian side of my family, but also very very fair skin. My hair color is typical of most Chinese girls. They will tell you that their natural hair color is black, but it isn't the jet black kind of color you get when you dye your hair black. It is kind of like a neutral black. Therefore, I cannnot really use the black color of most commercial brow products because it looks darker than my hair. 
Also because of my fair skin, I cannot use dark colors on my face without looking evil. Picture the witches in any fairy tale movie, and you'll see what I look like with dark brows. To avoid the evil look, I usually have to use the lightest or next to lightest color in most commercial brow products. The trouble with those products though, is that they are usually a blonde or brown color with too much yellow or red undertone, which looks unnatural against my black hair.
I was once so frustrated that I even considered dying my hair so that I can finally have slightly natural looking brows. Sanity prevailed, and I realized that I love my hair too much to dye it.
I have been using Anastasia Medium Ash color for the past two years, because it doesn't have much red or yellow undertones. It looks passable, but still clashes with my black hair.


So what do I love about this: I fell in love with this Laneige brow liner because it was the perfect neutral black, and when applied lightly, it fills in my brows, without looking the tiniest bit unnatural. I'm really happy with this result. 
I also love it because:
1. Long wearing time: This thing stays on until I take it off. I used to have to touch up on my brows three times a day, now I just stroke the pencil lightly in in the morning, blend with a spoolie or the attached brush in the back, and then I'm done for the day!
2. Easy removal: This come off with my daily facial cleanser and water.
3. Long lasting product: I've been using it for 6 months now, and I didn't even need to sharpen the pencil once! At the rate I'm going, I can use it for eight years at least!
4. Convenience: It also includes a pencil sharpener that I imagine will fit this product perfectly, even though I didn't need to sharpen yet!

I also bought three for my cousins, and they all loved it as much as I do.

I'm sorry if I bored you to distraction, but I'm just so excited that I found an HG item, and I wanted to share this with any Asian girls out there who also have trouble finding a good brow color
I also bought one more as a back up for myself, but it seems that I won't need it since this product will probably last me eight years. I'm selling it for $17+$2 shipping if anyone's interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...