Monday, January 17, 2011

Biore UV Daily Care Gel SPF 28 PA+++

I know winter is generally not the time when people buy a lot of sunscreens, but being a anti-aging junkie, I love sunscreen and use it any time of the year. After loving the Sofina Perfect UV White Protect Sunscreen, I decided to try out some Biore sunscreens. Why? Because Sofina is owned by Kao, and so is Biore, and I thought that the formulations would be pretty similar so that maybe the Biore sunscreens would just be a drugstore version of the Sofina Perfect UV range. Also, I found Biore sunscreens to get high ratings on cosme.net so I thought I'd try some out.
There are five sunscreens in this range, and I decided to try out the one in the green bottle, because this one is relatively cheap at around $15 for 120 ml, perfect for everyday use on my body. And also because the bottle is green and I like the color green. :)
Well, did I like it and was it as good as the Sofina range? Please read on to find out.

Pros:
1. Moisture: This is amazing for a sunscreen but it moisturizes very well for my body. Granted, my body doesn't need a lot of moisture, but the skin does feel hydrated when I use this sunscreen.
2. Texture: I like the texture of the sunscreen. It really is a very light gel like texture, very dissimilar to the Perfect UV, which is like a milk. This is very easy to spread on my body, and dries very quickly so that my arms and legs do not feel greasy or sticky. 
3. Lightness: As I mentioned before, I do not feel as if I have anything on when wearing this.
4. Good sun protection: SPF 28 PA+++ is not too much or too little. The perfect SPF protection for body on most days. 

Cons:
1. Water Resistant: This is NOT water resistant, which would be okay for most days, but for especially hot and sweaty summer days or day when you want to go for a swim, this is not the sunscreen. 
2. No oil control: Okay, I don't really need oil control on my body, but I know several friends who do. So the lack of oil control does not bother me at all, but it might be a problem for some people. 

Overall: Great sunscreen to use on my body for most days, except for days when I expect to get sweaty or wet. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, great post, I have been curious about this SS for a while. Could you post the active ingredients in it? Would so much appreciate:)
    ~Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is giving so much of information about health care.This information is very useful to as.
    Has the remarkable ability to recycle several other important ingredients 'including vitamin c and e,L -Glutathione and coenzyme q10, as well as itself!.The only ingredient that can boost the level of intracellular L-Glutathione.Radiplex Light Capsules 500mg 30s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...