Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Skin79 Intense Classic Balm SPF 20 PA++

A reader friend reminded me that I haven't reviewed that many BB creams recently, and asked if I have stopped using them. Yes, I have not used BB creams for the last two weeks, but it was because I was trying out a skincare line, which interestingly asked its users to only stick to a few very basic products within the line for the first 4 to 6 weeks of use, and begged that one use no facial makeup (but eyes and brows and lips and blush are okay) for the first 6 weeks, so that you may experience the full effects sooner. I was hooked on this skincare line by my Korean derm, who loves all natural lines with minimum ingredients and no preservatives, and I won't say anything more about this line until I've finished my 6 weeks, and can give you a better idea. :P
Anyhow, that is why I have not used BB creams in two weeks and forgot to review them. However, my suitcase is packed with BB creams I bought in Korea, and this is just another BB cream I could not resist picking up at the skin79 counter. 
To be fair, I was somewhat acquitanted with this BB cream since I bought it from Korea almost a year ago, and planned on using it. However, my young teenage cousin (male) came to visit and was so sick of his acne issue so that no girls would talk to him. He snatched the most masculine looking BB cream on my vanity and used it. He liked it so much that I gave it to him. So this is actually the first time I'm trying this BB cream on myself. 
So enough of my rambling and on to the actual review. :)

Coverage: Medium. Quite blendable, but not as blendable, as some BB creams, such as the Skin79 Diamond Total BB Cream

Oil-control: The oil control is not bad. It seems to last through the day, even though I did seem to oil up on my nose by afternoon. 

Color: This has a sort of yellow undertone that would look quite flattering on most people, especially on photos. I feel it would be good for N15 to N35. 

Finish: Very matte look, which is perhaps why my little cousin/brother liked it so much. It looks rather perfect on a guy since it's matte, so it does not seem as if he is wearing something or doing any skincare (which most Asian guys, I learnt don't like). I would  have liked the finish to be a little more glowy for myself. My natural complexion gave off more glow than this BB cream did. 

Special properties: Protecting, slightly moisturizing, evens out skin tone. The SPF is not high enough for me, which is why I'm going to give it too my cousin too after using it for one week. 
I don't find this to have any specific healing properties even though it does not cause more problems for me. However, my cousin says it makes his pimples heal slightly faster. I suppose every BB cream is different for different people. 

Overall: Overall, I think this is a very good and basic BB cream, like the name implies. It does not have too many frills and does not claim many properties, but it does do very well as a basic BB cream. This makes this BB cream so perfect for guys. And perhaps for this very reason, I do not like this BB cream as much as many others. It's true that I don't rely on a BB cream for skincare capabilities, and don't really think a BB cream is superior just because it claims to have diamonds, gold or caviar in it. However, the finish of this BB cream is too matte for me, and it lacks enough SPF protection factor (which I don't rely on anyway since I always try to use sunscreen with BB creams, but it's still helpful to have a BB cream with good enough SPF just in case I'm in a hurry in the mornings). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...