Friday, September 24, 2010

Laneige White Plus Renew Hydrator SPF15 Review

As promised, I am reviewing all the items I use in my skincare. I wanted to do the White Plus Renew lineup first before I do the cleansers and weekly treatments, etc. because I thought this sounds a bit more logical to me. So anyway, this is the review of the Laneige White Plus Renew Hydrator, which is my daytime moisturizer. It looks awfully like the skin refiner I reviewed yesterday, doesn't it? Yes, they are identical except for the little labels on the bottle.
This hydrator is thicker in texture than most daytime moisturizers you'll find. I would say its texture is really similar to a cream. I don't know how to explain this except that when you get a drop out of the bottle, it comes out in a cylinder, and will stay like a cylinder on your hand for around a minute if you don't touch it. This is partly due to how thick it is. I was really wary at first because of this texture and I used really little in fear that it might be too much for me. My skin also wasn't willing to absorb more than a pea sized amount for my whole face at first, so I only applied a little, thinking that the bottle will last me a long time. Eventually, I started applying more because my skin seemed to be a little more used to it, absorbs more quickly and you know, you apply moisturizer until your skin feels comfortable, and that's what I did. I think I doubled the amount I initially used by now, and I got no breakouts. And no, you don't have to use more and more everyday. I think I have been using the same amount for 4 or 5 months now.
I love this hydrator. This absorbs really fast despite the texture, especially when I apply this after the skin refiner (which I always do now). This has SPF 15 in it, and I think I use enough to get 15, but I still don't rely on it for sun protection, because I don't think SPF 15 is enough and because it didn't offer a PA (UVA protection) value. Like the refiner, this has a heavy scent, which I personally find to be great.

Pros:
1. Very moisturizing
2. Absorbs in a flash
3. not runny at all
4. SPF
5. makes my skin feel plump after applying
Cons:
1. Sensitivity: If you are very sensitive to scents, the scent this carries might irritate your skin or your nose
2. Heavy texture: You might find it too heavy at first, so I suggest using small amounts until your skin is used to it

Overall: I love this product. No skincare item can be absolutely perfect for one's skin unless you customize it, but if I had to choose an already made product, it is this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...